Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Making Changes.... New Beginnings?

I've been updating these pages.  Adding some of the gadgets and putting up links to stuff I've found interesting.  One thing I appreciate is the "blog list" which allows me to delete some of these off my favorites, and shows me at a glance which ones have been updated.  Sometimes just scrolling through my favorites list gives me a headache, and I love not having to open each page to see if something is new.  But, yeah...I do have a long list, so I've stuck it at the bottom.  I probably should break it up into several smaller lists, but...more work, less drawing time.

And speaking of drawing time...I didn't do much yesterday, and none so far today. :(  My Dad was supposed to come into town today so I could drive him to the bank. But...he never showed up so I spent my day waiting around for nothing. :(

I've found so many inspiring ideas online lately.  It makes me itch to get working on something...but I still get scattered and lose my sense of direction and find it hard to commit to one thing. 

I've been working on palettes.  I'm fascinated by other people's equipment and color choices.  Granted, most of them follow the popular standard "limited palette" of a warm and cool of each primary, and a couple of earth tones.  They're beautiful and I still see a lot of individuality in them.  But...I'm really fascinated by the ones that break the mold.  The people who carry around 72 colors; the folks who choose really off-beat pigments that I've never even seen in outside of art supply catalogs; the folks who manage with just three colors or do all their work in a single monochrome.  I love looking, and sometimes see something so breathtaking that the image stays with me all day.

(deep breath) My name is DragonLady, and I've become a color and paintbox junkie.  I'm completely addicted, and I have no intention of giving it up in any number of steps. 

There.  I said it. :)

No comments:

.