Saturday, May 10, 2008

"Thursday and Friday take too long...

and before I know it, Saturday's gone".

So Thursday I let the DS drive the car a bit. This tickled him clear through, and he wasted no time calling his best friends to let them know. 15 minutes later the whole neighborhood showed up at my house, asking questions about the car and wanting to know all about it. Turns out, DS had told them it was his car!
I set everyone straight right away, but since have told him it's okay to tell people that -just to give him a bit more 'street cred'. As long as he absolutely realizes that he is not, in fact, actually getting the car.

Friday...my art supplies arrived!!! Yippeee! I unpacked the boxes, and had just carted everything into my room when I was suddenly compelled to take DS into town. Seems one of his girlfriends was having a major life crises. So, we drove in and I dropped him off...then had to find ways to keep myself occupied for over three hours. I was buzzing 'round -went to the library, went to apply for a job...was on my way to pick him up when DH noticed a cloud of white smoke from my tailpipe. ;(

I don't get it. The car is driving just fine. It's not heating up, it's not making any funny noises. The oil looks fine. But I was followed by a cloud at least halfway home.

I can't stand the thought of a blown head gasket or worse. :( I've been needing this car so badly for so long, and now I have it I just cringe at the thought of spending all that money to have it repaired -money I just don't have. But I can't have another yard ornament either, and I absolutely must be able to get around. I've been trapped in this house for years, and just can't take it anymore. :(

I guess I'll know more about it later today when DH gives it a more thorough inspection. I can't say how much I hope it's just a modulator or something similiar.

But for now...I'm back to my lovely new stuff. So far, I'm loving the Coloursoft pencils! I did a slap-happy coloring job on a simple sketch last night, and just loved the way they layer and blend. I intend to spend a whole bunch of time playing with them. :)

No comments:

.