Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I have a car!!!

Yes; I'm excited about it. I put it on the insurance, and will get new plates either later today or tomorrow. :)

DS jokingly asked if he could drive it sometimes, and just about went nuts when I said "Yes." Apparently he really hadn't considered the fact that in just a few months he'll be old enough to get his permit.

It's nice knowing my car is teenager approved. :) I can't deny the fact I don't really feel very grown up sometimes, and it's validating to be made to feel I'm still "with it." It's nice on some level to know that being married and raising four kids and being swamped for years under endless piles of laundry, dishes, and medical bills hasn't killed me. Or even made me into some kind of crone that couldn't score a date without a major credit card and a paper bag to hide under.

So yeah, I feel good today. :)

And...it gets even better! My art supplies are on the UPS truck and are on time. Last I checked they were in Texas, and scheduled to arrive here on Friday. :) :) :)

No comments:

.