Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Derwent Coloursoft












I ordered the full 72 pencil set of Derwent's Coloursoft pencils yesterday, just because I was so impressed with the images in their art gallery. :)








I usually use CP as a quick sketching tool, just to decide how I want a painting to look. Lightfastness issues stop me from doing much more with them -I have a real obsession with making sure everything "serious" I do will last without fading or changing color over time. Also, fears of being unable to replace a favorite color without buying a whole new set tend to keep me buying cheapies instead of investing in something nice.




But when I decided to take the plunge, I thought I would naturally choose Prismacolor's lightfast set. But...I tried one of those "sampler" packs, and didn't like them much at all. :(


I know I like Derwent's Inktense, so I decided to go ahead and purchase the Coloursoft.










No comments:

.