Sunday, December 13, 2009

While I'm at it; here's some more

Here's my last finished painting.  I don't like it very well, as the values are waaay off.  The air space was supposed to be light blue, but as I was painting it in a glob of magenta pigment got caught up in my brush.  As I dragged it across the paper, it actually scratched the paper, and of course, it's staining, too.  I tried to scrub it away, but that just made it worse.  Finally, I washed the whole area with a mix of the magenta and peacock blue, which made it darker.  It would've been okay if it had been a bit moodier, but as it is it appears flat and lifeless to me.   I hope to revisit the subject, but I didn't save a seperate drawing so would have to begin all over again.  Maybe it will happen, maybe not.

And, here's the unfinished drawings on the front page of my latest sketch journal.  This will be the cover and the inside flap.

No comments:

.