Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

I want to make myself a larger sketchbag. I love the one I have, but want another that will hold a larger sketchbook. I don't like the cramped feeling I get using tiny little sheets of paper. I keep buying the smaller ones, because they're so cute and portable. But...when I want to draw I find myself hindered by the lack of usable space.
I have a stack of old denim jeans just taking up precious room, so I hope to sit down this month and design something that will be the best of both worlds -light, easy to use, durable, and roomy. :) Fashionable would be nice, but I'll worry about that last.
I finally did some sketching today. Nothing worth posting or even keeping, but it was nice to lose myself in the work once I got over that feeling of complete incompetence that always haunts me.
I want to do some work with color schemes and alternative palettes. I saw the results of someone else's experiements at WetCanvas! and now I'm doubly certain I want to try it. But...first I have to find the patience and motivation to sit down and do it. I need to make a simple drawing with two or three elements and then copy it for each different color scheme. I love painting, but painting the same subject over and over is really not my cup of tea. :(




http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Oreo-Cheesecake-from-Scratch

No comments:

.